Mother of a Special One

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Welcome

If any of you are mothers with children with special needs, feel free to let me know, so I can continue to support you in prayer, and encouragement. My son has been thru the system. He was diagnosed with a speech delay at age 18 months. He had acid reflux diagnosed at 4 wks. of age. He's had ear tubes put in, and adenoids removed. He's been in speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy. He's been diagnosed with central auditory processing disorder this past fall (2005). For the last two years he's received reading resource room, and math resource room at school. We've moved and changed schools. They'll test him once school starts to see if he needs math and reading help. He's been declassified, and no longer needs speech, physical, and occupational therapy. Feel free to share concerns, joys, and needs. I've been there...the waiting, the unknown, the frustrations, and everything. I don't know everything...but I'm a mom who is a Christian trying to raise a boy who at times finds school difficult. But, BUT GOD, is great its been wonderful to see the amazing spiritual conepts and observations that he's had down thru the years. It's been amazing!!!!!!

3 Comments:

  • mammasquiettime said...
    Thank you for this. I will definitely keep my blog posted. I had a visit with the cordinator (sp) yesterday. Now some one is going to come play with him for a while to see if he is delayed and then we will also have a speech eval. She said something about a nurologist (sp). He has an in depth hearing appointment on the 11th. I was told that if he was delayed in one area by 40% or 2 areas by 25% then they will work with him.

    Saturday, September 02, 2006 3:35:26 PM



    I have moved this comment from this post from my other blog. I am in the middle of construction, so bear with me.

    By Blogger ampraisingHim, at September 02, 2006 6:28 PM  

  • mammasquiettime: I know exactly what you are going thru. My son went thru the exact same thing. I am glad that they are doing testing, and evaluating. It may be a little nerve wracking, but at least you are getting some answers. For me, the services, if needed are provided by the county you live in, is that correct? Keep me posted.

    By Blogger ampraisingHim, at September 02, 2006 7:18 PM  

  • I am interested in your blog cuz my son has reflux too and i am curious what the journey for us will be like!

    By Blogger Basketcollector, at September 20, 2006 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home