Mother of a Special One

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

New School

Today was my son's first day of school. He didn't want to go, he still wanted summer vacation....just like any other boy. I took him to school to make sure he got to the right place, and I still had forms to hand in. I was sad to see him go, I have to be honest, I even shed a few tears once I was back in the car and back on my way. I had a few errands to do, all the while praying and thinking about him. When he finally came home, and we asked him how school was, his reply was: "It was AWESOME!". Now he couldn't put it into words what made it awesome, but it was awesome! That makes a mom happy. I'm glad that he's going to a parochial school. Home schooling is not an option for us this year. I know he'll have the structure, firmness, and Christian values taught. I am glad that his teacher seems really nice. She wants to meet with me soon to discuss his educational needs. I think he will have a great year.

Thank you Lord, for providing this place for him. Please protect him, and strengthen him as he learns. Thank you for your bounty. Please be with all the other moms of special needs children as they homeschool, or as they send them off to various educational facilities. Thank you for them, and may you surround them with your love tonight. In Jesus Name, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home